Staring Tuesday May 19th, 2020 we will be reopening the acupuncture clinic.
I would like to inform you about some changes to our office procedures that we are implementing to stay in compliance with and State Public Health and Executive Orders and make sure that we can all stay safe and healthy during this pandemic.
- We are required to perform a prescreening for common COVID-19 symptoms the day prior to you coming in for your appointment. If you have positive symptoms, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- We are required to screen you for common COVID-19 symptom, including taking your temperature, prior to providing any services. This should only take a few minutes, but please plan accordingly to arrive on time to your appointment so your treatment time is not reduced. If you have positive symptoms, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- Our malpractice insurance requires us to have you read and sign an informed consent form regarding the potential risks of undergoing an elective medical procedure (which acupuncture falls under according to the State of Colorado) during the pandemic. I will ask you to review, initial and sign this the first time you come into the office. You will not be required to resign it for future visits.
- We are required to ask you to wear a cloth mask or face covering minimally during the time you are in the office. If you arrive without one, we will provide you with one.
- We are required as healthcare providers to wear a mask and gloves during the appointment and treatment.
- We are required to eliminate common areas and are asking that you complete all required paperwork and bring it with you. If you do not bring your completed paperwork, you will be provided with a copy of the paperwork and asked to leave the facility and complete the paperwork in your car and then return to the office. Please plan accordingly to arrive on time or early to your appointment so your treatment time is not reduced.
- We are implementing contactless payment methods and ask that you do not use cash or checks if possible at this time.
I know that this is a lot, but we are making every effort to ensure that this is a quick process. Additionally we are following all recommended guidelines from the CDC and CDPHE to ensure the office is clean and sanitized before and after all patients enter the office.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me via phone, text or email.
Have a good day!